Saturday, April 14, 2007


It is 6am on Sunday morning 6 days before States. The past week has been pretty tough, starting with disappointment with my squat suit and that drama (build a bridge and get over it - right Lia?). My bench session was solid, and in fact when I look back on it I did reps at my PB with one more training session to go. At this point it is my most improved lift and I can realistically do a 65kg bench next weekend. I have had minor chronic injury issues with my right shoulder so I have always been a little down about my bench performance. However I can feel the strength coming back and I actually believe I can really start to nail a great bench - this is a fantastic realisation for me. My goal is to bench 70kgs at Nationals in July.
The deadlift is seeing solid progress each comp. This time last year in the week before my first competition I did 2 reps at 100kgs, July was 110kg, and Nov was 117.5kg. This time is was 125kgs, and it was heavy and I have never worked so hard in a PL training session. I expect I have a 130kg+ lift in me and this makes me very nervous - it is going to really hurt.
My weight jumps around when I lift very heavy, but settles within a day or so. It is coming back to 57kg each time this week - so I am only 1kg over weight - no stress on that.
Time for a relaxing recovery walk, and a a coffee.
Lisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears that my military quotes are catching on here in blogland. But you're right Lisa, sometimes we just have to build a bridge and get over it. At the end of the day it is our choice and no-one ever said it was going to be easy. YOU CAN DO THIS, I KNOW YOU CAN! :o) xo

Lisa said...

Thanks - yeah, I can do it!

Google Analytics