Thursday, February 21, 2008

Photo by Dallas Olsen

Bench training with clients

This morning I trained 2 strength clients on the bench press. The male client told me he had shoulder issues and was benching no more than 70kgs right now and had benched 100kgs at his best about 10 years ago. The female client had a 1 rep PB of 50kgs.

I did the first 30 minutes of the session in technique correction and kept the weights at a very modest level. They progressed very quickly, and so I decided to load the bar. 60 minutes after technique correction the male client benched 100kgs for 1 rep, with no shoulder pain or impact. The smile on his face said it all, and I predict we are going to see a 130kg bench in a few months - something he laughed about at the begining of the session. The female client benched her personal best of 50kgs (carry a leg injury today), and that will be 60kgs in a few months.

It is fantastic to be able to make such an impact in one session! Iam am feeling so satisfied right now.

Lisa


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its amazing what a difference good technique makes. Im sure your strength clients will be smiling all weekend. I love the pic, but its making me wonder why i was always screamed at to get my lower back on the bench.

Google Analytics