Tuesday, September 16, 2008


oh my.......
Yesterday I did my last session of 5 reps before the comp. It was the toughest session both physically and mentally that I have done in a long time. It was hot and humid at the club, and I looked like I had been in the sauna by the time i finished. I did 3 sets of 5 reps @ 92.5kgs, with knee wraps and suit on - but straps down. The weight wasn't an issue but I just wasn't in the groove and had to work for every rep. I over balanced a couple of times, and was off line a few times as well. Fortunately by the end of the session, the issues were identified and sorted out and looking at the video the reps looked an awful lot better than they felt. Next time I squat it will be in Arizona for my final session before the comp. It will be 2 set of 2 reps @ 110kgs, and the thought of only having to to 2 reps is awesome right now.
I woke during the night twice and had to have something to eat, and I have already eaten twice today by 7.30am. I think today will be a high calories day!
Almost there.....

3 comments:

Kie said...

Hi Lisa,
Keep at you are are truly inspiring. Stay strong and kick butt at your comp.
Kie xx

Splice said...

Your doing really well Lisa. Good luck!
Deb x

Lisa said...

Thanks girls....feeling very weary now though

Google Analytics