Friday, July 21, 2006

It is one week today to my second powerlifting competition. I am dieting pretty hard to make the 56kg weight cat. I have 2kgs to go, but feel quite confident. It seems funny just to be sitting on the floor drinking coffee and resting - big difference to body building.

I have had a great week training. Monday was squat day. 3 sets of 5 reps @85 kgs. I also wore my suit and knee wraps. The first set was shaky and the following 2 got better each time. i had trouble adjusting to the equipment and would have liked to have been able to get at least one set at 90kgs. I am pleased that I had a shaky session as I learnt a few things - I guess this is what happens when you are a novice at something. It is quite a shock to the body to put so much weight on the shoulders. Wed was bench and while I was still @47.5kg I felt stronger ont he first 2 reps, and am pretty sure I am getting stronger again. I hope to do 52.5kgs @ 2 reps this week coming - my PB. Deadlift is going really strong. 2 resp @ 110kgs and then 112.5kgs - equal PB from last comp.

I am nervous about failing - mainly the sqaut, but is go great to pushyourself beyond what you think you can do.

First comp total was 245kgs - I am looking for 270kgs for this one

No comments:

Google Analytics