Saturday, June 09, 2007


Both my patella's are small and the grooves they sit in are shallow. Therefore I am predisposed to dislocation of the knee cap. 15 years ago I dislocated my left patella quite badly and was on crutches for 6 weeks. This injury resurfaced for the following few years, however I never had any issues with it until mid last year. At that time was on limited training and didn't squat for one month. I worked on rehab exercises to rebuild the vastus medialis, as that part of the quad was visibly weaker on the left side than the right.
Sometime during the night on Friday I over extended the left knee and I woke with the knee cap slipping a little. Yesterday was spent icing, then heating the joint. I also had acupuncture and had my knee strapped. Today it is more stable, and I only strapped it after being up for over an hour. There is still a little swelling in the back of the joint, however there is no pain and just the occasional slipping. I am confident that I have caught it before there is any serious injury,
I still have 2 days rest, and that is exactly what I will be doing for the next48 hours.
Lot's of positive energy is required.
Lisa

No comments:

Google Analytics