Saturday, July 28, 2007

Australian National Powerlifting titles are over, and it was a day of high drama. It is 6am the day after and I am exhausted, however I will give you the highlights now and put a full report later.
  • squat 105kgs
  • bench 67.5kgs ( I missed my first 2 attempts - wow what a drama!!)
  • dead 135kgs
  • Total 307.5kgs

The total was well down on expectations but I guess that is why it is a competition. It is about performing on the day and as a result I have achieved 3 huge things.

  • PB increase on all lifts, total PB increase
  • I have qualified to compete in the Commonwealth titles in December in New Zealand.
  • 56kg div - National Champion! (to be officially confirmed)

Nic placed 2nd in a very competitive and exciting competition. Thank you Nic for an amazing 18 month journey...and there are so many in the team that pull all this together. Rod, Liz, Tim, and my fabulous family and supporters.

Lisa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lisa on simply getting to this point, I think you're amazing and have achieved a hell of a lot in such a short amount of time. I can't wait to hear more. ;o) xx

Bug's Mumma said...

Congratulations Lisa - that's fantastic news :) xo

Lisa said...

Thanks...very happy but tired.

Google Analytics