Saturday, March 01, 2008


Catch up

It is early Sunday morning and the world seems very quiet right now, so I feel it is a good time for reflection on the past week.

Last week was deload training week after a 6 week strength phase, so this week it was back into some heavy work in preparation for the 8 week run into the comp. I am using light equipment from this week to increase the weight lifted and prepare myself for competition conditions. As you know I have been working on my squat technique for the past 2 months, and on Tuesday we tested it to see how it would hold up under heavy load. The result was good, and while I need to see how it goes over the next 2 weeks I am very confident so far. I also lifted some heavy bench sets from 60kgs to 65kgs in a new style bench shirt. I was happy with the results and while I still have a few control issues to sort out, I am confident of a new PB in April. At this point I am not doing heavy deadlifting, as 8 weeks of this really effects my fatigue levels. I am doing lighter technique work, and heavy rack deads to compensate for this. This cycle is 3 weeks, and then I move into the final 4 week power phase. I feel strong, and my technique is definitely improved in this past cycle. Rod has designed my program to achieve the following lifts the week before the comp.

Squat 125kgs

Bench 75kgs

Deadlift 140kgs

These are the magic numbers for my Elite II qualification - 340kgs!

My nutrition and supplementation has been superb and fully supporting my lifting requirements. My scale weight has plateaued at 3kgs above my goal weight for the past 2 weeks, so I am "due" for one of those "whooshes" Liz talks about. It is a little frustrating when I am 100% compliant and I "get stuck" on a weight for a while, however Krista is on the case and next week is going to involve a gentle liver detox to assist my organs to flush properly. Apparently I am not detoxing properly which is casing a holdup of my weight loss. I still have 7 weeks, so all is good on that front.

I have about 4 weeks of my corporate job left and I am swinging from excitement to fear on a regular basis. I am still not 100% sure on how I will be making a living, but I really need to time to focus on my ideas and dreams so that I can full fill them.
As Sunday is rest day so I am considering breakfast at a cafe before my massage and sauna.


Stay strong.


Lisa


No comments:

Google Analytics