Saturday, October 18, 2008

photo by Dallas Olsen

Happy New Year!

OK, so you may think I am a few months early however it feels like I have entered a new year so I feel it is only appropriate that I reflect on the year on this beautiful sunny Sunday morning.

I won't bore you with my list of activities of the year, as they are well documented on my blog, however I do want to talk about the impact this year has had on me. I pretty much achieved the goals I set out for myself and I am so pleased with that, however the real experience and learnings and great memories have come from the amazing people I have met and been involved with. While I may have "ticked most things of my list"....Bisoignature Practitioner, PICP, compete at World level, start my own health and wellness business.....I am in a very different place to where I expected to be and am very happy about it. Confused?

I like to plan - as most of my family and friends will tell you - I always have a plan! However I am also a great believer in being flexible and going with the moment.

The way I saw my life playing out by the end of the year is not where I am. It has been a year of testing my values, experimenting with my career and finances, considering relationships and physically pushing myself. I have come full circle with some areas, choosing to bring some things back that I had rejected early on, and moving away from some things I had chased.

I am finishing off with some random thoughts in no particular order

The things that are important;

  • Family,
  • Sleep,
  • Clean living environment,
  • Stress free life,
  • Enjoying life

Things that I have learnt (and maybe I knew but need to remind myself);

  • Biosignature is amazing,
  • There are some truly gifted people in the world, and I am very fortunate to have some of them in my life.
  • People are successful for a reason - even if you can't see it.
  • Most times, the things that we all want in our lives take a lot of work.

Lisa

No comments:

Google Analytics