Monday, November 03, 2008


What is for lunch today?

Like just about every other working girl in the city, I am off for a Melbourne cup lunch at a fancy hotel. As I didn't get around to buying a new dress, I think I will be borrowing from my daughter. As much as I am happy to recylce from last year, the past 12 months of powerlifting and intentionally going up a weight category has resulted in a 4kg larger Lisa, so my size 8 dresses just don't fit anymore. I do have new shoes though - a girl can't go without new shoes!
I have a hair appointment at 9am for an upstyle, although I have recently had quite a bit cut of my long hair I am not sure what we will do today. I don't like hats so I always get a creative hair up to compensate. I had a manicure 1 week ago for the first time in about 12 months, so this morning I have attempted to paint my own nails for lunch.......wow being a gym rat for months on end really is easy!
So what is on the menu? I don't know, and I haven't called in advance or organised anything special. It has been my experience at these corporate events that over the past 3-5 years all top restaurants and hotels always provide fresh, healthful food that is cooked almost according to the "Strength and Beauty" guide. It will be a small starter of salad and seafood and the main will be a choice of high quality lean meat and sauteed vegetables. Easy! I won't have the bread, and I will skip dessert as I am having my free meal this week at the wedding I am going to on the weekend.
I won't be drinking alcohol as it is not good for my joints right now, but a couple of glasses of either red or white wine would normally be on the menu for me. Both red and white wine contain reserveratrol which is an anti oxidant and is great for our health.
I am spending this morning getting ready and "making myself beautiful", and this afternoon after it is all over I will have the luxury of a work out in a relatively empty gym; perfect day.

Lisa

No comments:

Google Analytics