Friday, September 22, 2006

I am fatigued and hungry today.


It has been pretty big week of lifting. I did 3 sets of 5 reps this week;
Deads on Monday 100kgs
Bench on Wed 47.5kgs
Squat on Thur 75kgs

I also did 2 spin classes and a few walking sessions to remove the lactic acid. My knee is recouperating very well -and my coach thinks we may keep the narrow stance squat I have adopted to build the vastis medialis. I had no issue with 75kgs and there was certainly power left, however I would feel stronger with a slightly wider stance and my toes pointing out a bit - I might suggest that this week.

I am resting up this weekend as I am doing 3 sets of 3 reps next week - ouch. I would like to do the following;

Dead 110kgs
Bench 50kgs
squat 85kgs

I am dieting to get to about 54kgs before the next comp. About 5kgs away - it is going well, although I had extra nuts on Wed as I was hammered. I am not having "free meals" like I used to with BB, I just have a bit extra when my body needs it for a training perspetive or I feel if I don't have a treat i will fall off the plan. I also do quite few lunches with my work, and while I always choose a good option and never have alcohol, I can't control what is served - so I may consume a litte more on occassion. I am very comfortable with this approach and it never sees me binging like I did on a "free meal" in the past. I have a weakness for peanut butter, so iam trialing avocado as a substitue - seems to be working well so far.

I am taking my Son to the movies at midday - it is just him and I today. It is very quite a low key today as both of us are happy just to hang out, which is just the type of day I need. calm.

2 comments:

Kaddy said...

i just went to the Aspartame is not safe website! WOW! no more diet coke for this chicadee! chers for that lis~

Lisa said...

Yeah - even if only half of it is true, it is a worry.

Google Analytics