Saturday, November 11, 2006

I have been away and wrote this blog on the plane to Hayman.
Bench Target of 60kgs





I used my new bench shirt for the first time today. It was an interesting experience. It is one of the new style ones, and my coach hadn’t used one either. It only took 5 minutes to get on, and while it is was uncomfortable, and took me a few sets to get the technique right, it was amazing and I got an immediate increase in my strength at least 5kgs. Although I think it may be more as I get used to it. I did 3 sets of 5 reps at 50kgs today. By the last set I was able to pause even on the last rep. So my bench target is 60kgs.

However I have some terrible welts on the back of my arms where the seams of the suit cut in. They are very similar to the ones I get on my thighs from my squat suit…..and I am on my way to Hayman. I will have to rethink those strappy tops I was going to wear.

Very excited to see my bench finally moving up…..even my chin ups are getting better
!

No comments:

Google Analytics