Thursday, May 03, 2007


Last night I decided that as I was so fatigued and rather hungry that I would have a few treats after dinner. It had been a while since I had gone to bed with a really full tummy, and given I am way off my next competition weigh in, now would be good time. So other than my usual dinner I had a bowl of rice, 6 chocolate truffles, and sticky date pudding. This seemed reasonable and not so over the top that it would cause my system any issues..................well I was wrong!!!!!!!
I slept late this morning and woke dehydrated and with a headache as if I was hung over. I have dreadful fluid retention and my joints are aching. I have been running to the loo all day and my stomach was quite angry mid afternoon. I also feel like I haven't slept at all and am foggy headed.
I won't be doing that again - wow talk about a severe reaction! I am actually pleased that it happened as there is no chance I am going to want to stray from my diet plan going into nationals.
Lisa

4 comments:

Health Watch Center said...

Hi Lisa,

This is my first visit your blog I wanted to say hi and all the best for your world power lifting preparation...all the best...you go girl...

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
By Robert Collier.

Fitness Health Zone

Rachel said...

It is amazing what our bodies do when they are used to running on a clean diet! Goodluck for the next 12 weeks

Magda said...

I can really relate to this post Lisa. Have been guilty of the same myself many a time.

Magda

Lisa said...

Thanks all. Yes a good reminder that to perform at my best, everything needs to be optimal.

Google Analytics