Wednesday, February 27, 2008



Look what I found!

This is my first "before" shot way back in 2001 that started my wellness journey. I was about 60kgs and 30% bf here. I know I was never too out of shape, just soft and 4-5 kgs over weight. They ironic thing is I still weight about 60kgs, but I am 14% bf.

How do I feel when I look at this photo? I don't feel embarrassed or cringe in anyway because while there has been a lot of work done on the outside (probably about 6-7kgs of muscle), it is the changes on the inside that make me who I am today. When I show this photo to friends I get a few different reactions, 1) you look younger now, 2) you were never really fat anyway, 3)I would never have recognised you as your body is so different now.

To the people who give me the first response I always say that 9 years of consistent clean food, exercise, water and fish oil can do wonders for your skin. To the second response I say it doesn't matter whether other people think you are overweight, it is how you feel about yourself and the personal demons you have to fight to achieve balance. The third response is usually from people who have only known me in the last 5 years or so and assume I have always looked like I do now. I just smile when I get this response as the girl in the photo above knows the truth.

Lisa

3 comments:

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for your comment in my blog. What you said about the growth hormone is exactly how I felt - it was almost as if I could feel myself growing in the days afterwards! Have been enjoying reading your posts lately, by the way.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing before and after pictures, thank you for sharing. Your journey continues to motivate me :-)

Would love to meet for coffee.

Raechelle said...

Thanks for sharing! good responses.

Google Analytics