Friday, May 22, 2009





I am on Fire - for CrossFit


So I couldn't resist going to CrossFit last night as the work out looked all together too much fun to miss. The clean and jerk was just a heap of fun, and the burpees and pull ups were so painful it was worth the experience. I have to say I am really bad at burpees, so I am going to make it my aim to do them 5 days a week to get better at them. Same with pull-ups; I just don't seem to be wired the right way for these so I must practise.


I woke this morning feeling pretty good and looked at the WOD on the website, and decided once again that there was no way I was going to miss the fun of learning how to snatch. The work out today was;


as many rounds as possible in 20 mins


  • 15kg snatch
  • 10 push ups
  • 15 squats

I managed 11 painful, heart wrenching sets in 20 mins. I think I am well done for the week now.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this may sound weird - but i am getting excited just reading about CrossFit.....8 weeks till i get to Brissy, 8 weeks till i join you - i'm crapping but i need a good whipping!!!

Kerry W said...

Hey Lisa

Ditto to Fern's comments (getting axcited about reading about Crossfit, that is! I've been reading your amazing WOD results, especially the 150 push-ups...(woohoo!)..with awe and excitement. Spoke to Matthew? at Crossfit Brisbane, and he was such a revelation. I'm so excited about getting started at Crossfit, even though it's a few months away yet.

Ciao for now...Kerry :)

Lisa said...

It will be great to have you both there suffering with me. I have know Matt for about 6 years, and he is an awesome guy. His gym and the community is testimont to his style. No mirrors, no vanity, no bullshit, just hard work and no excuses.

Lisa

Google Analytics